This recipe tasted absolutely amazing. Obviously "Danish" Camembert is not Mediterranean, but I stand by my cheese choice for this recipe! I actually cooked this meal for Valentines Day but have been too lazy to post the recipe until now. Lately I've been cooking with Mediterranean flavours and wrapping meat in more meat. It's been a long winter and I'm ready for some nice weather! These stuffed chicken breasts reminded me of a summer evening.
Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut open and pounded flat
- 125g Danish Camembert Cheese
- Half of medium sized eggplant, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 2 anchovies fillets in oil, finely chopped
- 4 strips of bacon
- Italian seasoning, salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add eggplant, onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies and seasonings. Fry lightly for approx 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a small hand blender. Pulse while adding a bit more oil until mixture becomes a nice paste.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the chicken, place a large slice of camembert on top and roll the chicken. Place 2 slices of bacon around the chicken to hold together.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes.