Delicious omelettes, filled to capacity with warm tomato, onion and melting Camembert cheese. Simple and lovely. This recipe can make either 2 HUGE omelettes or 4 normal sized omelettes.
This recipe is courtesy of “15 Minute Vegetarian” by Matthew Drennan.
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
- 4 tomatoes, cut in thin wedges
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp snipped chives (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 4 oz Camembert cheese, rinded and diced
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in frying pan. Cook onion for 2 minutes over moderate heat. Raise the heat and add the tomatoes. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs with the herbs in a bowl. Add S&P to taste. Heat the remaining oil in an omelette pan. Add half the egg mixture and tilt the pan to spread thinly. Cook for 1 minute, flip the omelette and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from pan and make 2nd omelette.
- Return the tomato mixture to high heat. Add the cheese and toss the mixture over the heat for 1 minute until the cheese starts to melt.
- Divide mixture between the omelettes and fold them over. Serve at once.