Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cranberry Sauce



Happy Thanksgiving!
It’s here already! The Thanksgiving long weekend! Tomorrow I’m hosting a small intimate family dinner. But of course I am going all out. This is my time to show off a bit. I have to prove that I am actually making all these foods I put on the blog. 
Today has been a busy day of cleaning and prep work. The house is immaculate, the table is set, I’m organized and ready for tomorrow. I just finished making my Cranberry Sauce. I like to make it a day ahead just to get it out of the way and I like my cranberry sauce chilled. If you have never made Cranberry Sauce, then you are crazy. It is so easy to make. It literally takes 10 minutes. Once you make your own you will never buy another can of sauce again, I promise! 
Here’s my super easy recipe:
Cranberry Sauce
1 pkg. of fresh cranberries (12oz)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Zest from 1/2 an orange
1 whole star anise
Rinse the berries under cold water. In a saucepan mix together water, sugar, zest and star anise. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove the star anise and add the cranberries. Boil for approx. 5 minutes, until the skins pop. 
Serve either hot or chill in the fridge.
Makes approx. 2 cups of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment