This recipe comes courtesy of “15 Minute Vegetarian” cookbook. Along time ago I was a vegetarian. I wasn’t a good vegetarian as I never could get all my proper proteins and ended up looking kinda sickly. So I decided to go back to eating meat after 5 years. I still like to cook vegetarian though. I’m just as happy to have meat only once or twice a week. This is a simple, lemony, garlicy dish that’s sure to please. You will not miss the meat.
1/2 multigrain baguette
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano) (Dried works too)
Good handful of dried or fresh capellini
1 cup single cream
3 oz parmesan, grated
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
salt & pepper
- Preheat over to 400deg F. Cut the baguette into thick slices.
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat with the garlic had herbs. Spread thickly over each slice of bread.
- Reassemble the baguette. Wrap in foil, support on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta.
- Pour the cream into another pan and bring to the boil. Stir in Parmesan and lemon rind. The sauce should thicken in about 30 seconds.
- Drain pasta, return it to the pan and toss with the sauce. Season to taste and sprinkle with a little chopped fresh parsley and grated lemon rind, if desired. Serve with hot bread.