Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New York Cocktail



It has been a hellish week thus far and it's only Wednesday. I need a cocktail in a fancy martini glass ASAP. After flipping through "The Complete Bartender" book looking for whiskey drinks, I came across this one. (Why whiskey? Why not??) I put this together as per the recipe below and surprise, surprise, it was very yummy. This book of mine was published in 1990. I must have picked up this book in a garage sale or something, because in 1990 I was 14. This book has really weird recipes and it's not always easy to find something good. (For example: I will not put raw egg in my glass and mix it with alcohol- EVER.)


So, right now, I'm very warm and sleepy and decided to share this recipe on my blog. [Insert happy sigh here].


1 1/2oz. Whiskey
1/2 tsp. powdered sugar (Splenda worked great)
1/2oz. lime juice
dash grenadine


Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; add all ingredients; shake (don't stir); pour into a fancy crystal martini glass that you got from your first marriage [First marriage and martini glass optional]; garnish with orange peel and maraschino cherries.


Serves 1 Stressed-Out Person
Enjoy fellow stressed-out people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment