Sunday, September 19, 2010

Apple Jelly - Part 3 - Mint Jelly


Prepare the apple juice in Part 1 of apple jelly. 
Bring the juice to a boil and add 4+ drops of green food colouring (to desired colour).
Add 1/4 cup of bruised, fresh mint leaves tied in 2 thickness of cheesecloth. I use tea bags. 
Cook and add the 3/4 cups of sugar for every 1 cup of juice and lemon juice, if required as per part 2 of apple jelly. 
Do your jelly tests and jar as per the apple jelly part 2. 
I had thought that mint jelly was a universal ingredient, until a very good friend of mine asked me “What do you use mint jelly for?”. For those of you unfamiliar with mint jelly, I love it with lamb. I don’t really know what else to use it for. If you have any other suggestions please leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment